Friday, April 18

Yokohl

The Yokohl Valley is legendary for its display of wildflowers in the spring. I needed to get over that way to shoot an interview for “my project”, so I made sure to leave time to do some photography. I was slightly late to see the wildflowers in their prime. Although at parts they were still in full color and brilliance. Something that is unique about this area is that along with the small and petite wildflowers are grand vistas. Once you climb higher, you can look out and see either the valley or the southwest Sierras, depending on which side of the ridge you’re on.

The road winds up and over the foothills and ends at Balch Park Road, which then continues on up into the Sequoia National Park. Driving Yokohl, it seems as if you’ve discovered this road that no one else knows about. You get the feeling that you’re driving through a very organic, undisturbed country; which is quite interesting being as it’s only twenty minutes out of Visalia and the bustling valley. My whole time on Yokohl, I probably saw less than ten other cars. There are critters running along/across the road, birds flying here and there, and the smell of blooms in the air. On my way back I saw two bobcats, and a hawk flew in front of my headlights. Okay…nuff words. Let’s see some pics!



















Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not,
they spin not; and yet I say unto you,
that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.



These are just some fun experimental pictures...don't ask how I took them :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What gorgeous photos. I just love the rolling hills with the wild flowers one. Thank you for posting them!

The Parish Clan said...

It was great Talking to you Peter:
See you soon :)
Jeremy

The Parish Clan said...

It was great Talking to you Peter:
See you soon :)
Jeremy

Esther said...

Hi Peter!
Where oh, where can we find some wedding photos of Aaron & Jessica?